Kevin D. Phelan, Ph.D.
|Kevin D. Phelan, Ph.D.|
Post Doctoral Training
Address: Office: Biomedical Research Building II – Room 564-2
Phone: (501) 686-8192
Fax: (501) 526-6756
1) Kane, C.J.M., K.D. Phelan, L. Han, R.R. Smith, J. Xie, J.C. Douglas, and P.D. Drew (2011) Protection of Neurons and Microglia Against Ethanol in a Mouse Model of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders by Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor-g Agonists, Brain Behavior and Immunity 25:S137-S145.
2) Kane, C.J.M., K.D. Phelan, and P.D. Drew (2012) Neuroimmune mechanisms in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, Developmental Neurobiology 72:1302-1316.
3) Phelan, K.D., M.M. Mock, O. Kretz, U T. Shwe, M. Kozhemyakin, L. J. Greenfield, A. Dietrich, L. Birnbaumer, M. Freichel, V. Flockerzi, and F. Zheng (2012) Heteromeric Transient Receptor Potential 1 and 4 channels play a critical role in epileptiform burst firing and seizure-induced neurodegeneration. Molecular Pharmacology, 81:1-9.
4) Phelan, K.D., U. T. Shwe, J. Abramovits, H. Wu, S. Rhee, M. Howell, P. Gottschall, M. Freichel, V. Flockerzi, L. Birnbaumer, and F. Zheng (2013) Canonical transient receptor channel 5 (TRPC5) and TRPC1/4 contribute to seizure and excitotoxicity by distinct cellular mechanisms. Molecular Pharmacology 83:429-438.
5) C.J. M. Kane, K. D. Phelan, J. C. Douglas, G. Wagoner, J. W. Johnson, J. Xu and P. D. Drew (2013) Effects of Ethanol on Immune Response in the Brain: Region Specific Changes in Aged Mice. J. Neuroinflammation 10:66.
6) C.J.M. Kane, K. D. Phelan, J. C. Douglas, G. Wagoner, J. W. Johnson, J. Xu, P. S. Phelan and P. D. Drew. Effects of Ethanol on Immune Response in the Brain: Region Specific Changes in Adolescent versus Adult Mice. Alcohol Clin. Exp. Res. (in press).